Named one of Rochester’s Top Workplaces of 2018, Mengel Metzger Barr & Co. is committed to continuing our presence as one of the most respected and successful accounting firms in the field. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
We’re looking for dedicated professionals, with solid educational backgrounds and a commitment to hard work. Sound familiar?
Visit the career pages of many accounting firms and chances are, you’ll find some version of that description. While we’re also looking for these qualities, we want to meet the candidates who have more to offer. Because at MMB, we have more to offer you.
Our low staff-to-partner ratio will allow you the opportunity to work side-by-side with senior partners and other top experts in the field. You’ll sharpen your skills, gaining valuable insights by working face-to-face with clients. We want you to be successful! From our mentoring program and support of professional development – we are invested in each of our employees. MMB has a strong commitment to volunteerism and community service. We hope this inspires you to be more than just a talented person with a great career!
While many on the team began their careers at MMB, others have spent time at national accounting firms or were recruited from other regional and local firms. This diversity in backgrounds and experiences makes us a better firm—for clients and for professional growth.
If MMB sounds like the kind of place you’d want to be, contact us at RochesterRecruiting@mmb-co.com, ElmiraRecruiting@mmb-co.com or CanandaiguaRecruiting@mmb-co.com.
We are looking to hire staff-level accountants. While prior experience is preferred, we are also recruiting new college graduates! We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time experienced hire within the Assurance department within our Elmira, NY office.
• Plan, supervise and execute audit and accounting engagements in a timely manner.
• Supervise and train staff, including providing timely and meaningful reviews.
• Demonstrate competency in technical skills, work quality and application of professional and firm standards, i.e. GAAP, FASB, OCBOA.
• Effectively communicates with client, partner and all other team members.
• Adhere to professional standards consistent with AICPA and maintain strict client confidentiality.
Education, Experience, Special Requirements & Soft Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• CPA or CPA candidate preferred
• Three (3) to eight (8) years relevant work experience in public accounting
For full consideration, please send your resume to Lauren Ciaccia, Human Resource Manager- firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently recruiting for a full-time member of our Administrative Assistant team, for our downtown, Rochester office.
Overview and Scope of Role
This position will serve as the administrative support point person for the Assurance department:
• Internal meeting coordination (scheduling, preparation of meeting agendas)
• Attendance at departmental meetings (responsible for taking minutes)
• Assurance and engagement calendar management/scheduling
• Coordination of departmental trainings (speakers, travel arrangements, catering)
• Prepare and format data for selections, assist in internal inspection
• Departmental project assistance
• Assist in monitoring CPE, ensuring compliance with standards In addition to overall departmental support, this role will become involved in project work including various research functions.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Associate Degree preferred
• 3-5 years of relevant professional services experience
• Accounting experience a plus
• Reliability and the ability to work both independently, as well as a member of the team are important in this role.
• Willingness and interest to learn additional software and duties
• Strong attention to detail
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Accurate typing skills
• Ability to handle competing priorities
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please send your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
We are looking to hire a audit professional with 3-8 years of relevant experience. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.